Bath

One of my big concerns for this trip was where Gabe was going to sleep. I made sure to get rooms that had a large bed do that he could sleep between us, but he's so wiggly that that didn't sound like the best option. Then I found out that you can rent baby gear. I looked into it and was talking to a lady about renting a pack and play when she suddenly stopped responding. I even emailed her again to ask if it would work and didn't get a response. I'm not sure that I'd want to rent one from her anyway... Then I found out that two of the places actually had baby beds that they'd let me borrow, so the only place that was going to be an issue was Bath. I decided to just make him a bed on the floor and see how it went. Apparently the kid was exhausted because he just laid down and went right to sleep.


Then at some point in the early morning, I'd hear a squalk, then the sound of little hands and knees on the floor getting closer. Then I'd feel a little hand on my arm and I could just put him in our bed to go back to sleep. The first night it was really sweet. Then this morning he crawly into bed at 5:30 and never went back to sleep. That was not as fun... Hopefully we'll all sleep a little better tonight...

Yesterday we explored Bath. We got pastries for breakfast, wandered the cool architectural areas, like the Circus...

...and then made out way to the Roman Baths. Gabe really wanted to swim. I mean, it was a big pool of water, isn't that what it is for???



We also went to the Abbey. Visiting old churches might be one of my favorite things to do in Europe. I just love them!


I was trying to show the ceiling. I'm not sure he appreciated it...



After dinner, we were walking back to the flat and we saw this on one of the buildings.

I love Europe!

Today we drove to Comwy, in north Wales. It took most of the day, sonby the time that we got here, all we did was wander, rather than exploring the castle. We'll have to do that tomorrow.




And now I'm headed to bed because someone woke us up at 5:15am...
 
 


 


 

 
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3