Weekend Snippets

Some snipits from our weekend...

We're staying with Uncle Tim for the weekend. Poor Gabe can't really tell Uncle Tim and Gramps apart, so he keeps calling Uncle Tim Gramps. We pull into the house and he shouts "yay Gamps!" "This is Uncle Tim's house." "Yay Uncle Tim!" Uncle Tim really doesn't mind...

The first morning we were here, Uncle Tim showed Gabe a spider on the windowsill. Gabe was so excited that every morning he checks the windowsills for the "little bug."

Last night in the car, Gabe was feeling lovey-dovey. He kept saying "I love you Mommy. I love you Daddy. I love you Mommy. I love you Daddy. I love you Bella." It was adorable!

Gabe and I were wandering around the mall waiting for Pat and Bella when Gabe suddenly said "Mommy bathroom potty." I said "really? You want to go potty in the bathroom?" "Yes." Um, okay. I guess the first time I take you to go potty on the toilet can be in a public restroom in a mall. I mean, I certainly don't want to discourage this.

We get into the bathroom and it's one of the single user toilets, which means that the toilet is a huge handicap toilet. That's lovely for tiny little bottoms... Anyway, Gabe was super excited. "Gabey toilet potty big boy." I got his diaper off and sat him on the toilet, but it was so big that I just had to hold him so he didn't fall in. He didn't go, but he asked. Apparently potty training isn't too far off like I was thinking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3