Day 56: Kangaroo Care

Gabe and I got to snuggle, also known as Kangaroo Care, today for the first time in a week! Having a baby in the NICU makes you crazy paranoid about every single sneeze or cough, so I stayed away for a few days last week and it was so nice to get to hold him again! This was also my first time holding him without the CPAP machine and it made a huge difference. For one, I only needed one other person to help me pick him up instead of two. For two, they didn't have to tape his breathing tubes to the chair to try and keep them from moving. And for three, since he doesn't have to wear the hat anymore, I got to rest my cheek on his head for the first time!

Please pray for Gabe's little buddy Grace. She's in the NICU in another country, which has different NICU rules. Her parents aren't allowed to touch her at all while she's there and it's killing them not to be able to pick her up.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3