Day 72: Talking to Grandpa

Good news!  The Nurse Practitioner told me that they would like all micropremies to do as well as Gabriel is doing.  At this point, all he needs to do is grow and learn to eat.

He's working on the whole eating thing.  We've started non-nutritive feeding, which means that he still gets all of his food through his feeding tube, but we let him try and breastfeed and see if he can get a bit by mouth.  Yesterday he got a few drops and then he stopped and looked at me like "Whoa.  What was that???"  It was pretty funny.

Gabriel was pretty fussy today.  He was supposed to be sleeping on my chest, but he kept fussing and squawking rather than sleeping.  Meanwhile, my Dad called and heard him fussing, so he wanted to talk to him.  I gave Gabe the phone and he calmed right down.  I'd say that it was a fluke, but it happened three times.  Apparently he just wanted to talk to Grandpa!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3