Day 82: Bella's Birthday

Happy Birthday to Bella, the girl that made me a mom. I may not have been there when she was born, but she'll always be my first kid. I love you Bella!

Being home for the weekend was very strange. I went on bedrest in mid-November, so it's been nearly four months since I've been able to walk around my house. But it also felt like this whole Nicu thing was just a strange dream and everything was back to normal. That said, it was really nice to get the house put together and get it ready for when we do actually bring Gabe home. And it was so nice to actually go to church again!

Speaking of Gabe, I went to see him tonight after I flew in and found out that they'd moved in. He had been in a room set up for twins, so when they got a set of twins that needed his room, he got moved. This room has a window, which is very exciting, although it did make me laugh that yesterday he was discharged and today he got moved. They may be trying to kick him out... :)

Bottle feeding has been going pretty well. Gabe is slowly figuring this whole eating thing out. He still doesn't get a full feed, but just now he took about 2/3 of a feed from me.

He's up to 2050 grams tonight, so he'a crossed the 2 kilo mark! That's 4lbs 8oz, which is the size that my sister was when she came home from the hospital.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3