Houdini

This afternoon, I put a very tired baby down for a nap. I heard him kicking in his crib, which he does sometimes, and I didn't think much of it. I was busy painting the laundry room ceiling and knew that he's fall asleep eventually.

Nearly an hour later, Pat came into the laundry room and said that Gabe still wasn't asleep, but he was talking and crying. Lovely. I went to the living room to listen to him and suddenly realized that the I could hear the doorstop behind the door. He wasn't in his bed.

I went into his room and found him playing behind the door. Apparently he crawled out of his crib. I picked him up and we snuggled for a bit and then I put him back in his bed, hoping it was a fluke. A little bit later, as I was working my second coat of paint, he was crying, so I asked Pat if he was mad or hurt. He told me that he was just mad.

A few minutes later, Pat came in holding Gabe and said that he found him on the outside of the crib hanging on for dear life. Clearly escaping was not a fluke.

Pat lowered the crib mattress to it's lowest level and we put him back down for a nap. And he crawled out again. Seriously, my son is a monkey. He and Pat snuggled for awhile, but by this time he was over the whole nap thing. Really, they were just buying time until I got the paint cleaned up. Once we'd decided that the nap was just not going to happen, we put him back in his bed to see if we could see how he escaped. I mean, seriously, the crib is at face level.


As we watched, he got his foot all the way up on the railing next to him. Seriously kid???

He will now napping in his sleep sack, rather than just using it for bedtime. He shouldn't be able to get his leg up that high with it on. Crawling out of bed is not going to work for me...
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3