Figuring out God...

Gabe has this friend that we'll call N.  They met at school when they were babies and instantly became little buddies.  It may have helped that N was the only other boy in a room full of girls, but still.  Then when school started this last year, N's big sister started kindergarten and it didn't make sense for their family to keep him in daycare, so he left school to stay home with his dad.  Gabe and N still see each other at the fieldhouse sometime, but as much as I'd love to get them together for more playdates, life seems to cause problems and that never happens.

Gabe invited N to his birthday party in December and was super excited that he was there.  Then this last weekend, it was N's birthday, so we went to the pool for a party.  Gabe was so excited.  He spent the whole day talking about N's birthday party and then when we got to the pool, he just kept asking where N was.  When we were in the changing room getting ready to get in the pool, he thought he heard him outside and started jumping and screaming and laughing "It's N!  It's N!  N, I'm here!!!"  When we finally got into the water to play, we found N and his mom and Gabe had huge grin on his face the whole time and the two of them played in the water and had a wonderful time.   There were a few other kids there, but it was great fun to watch Gabe and N, together again.

It was the highlight of our weekend.  And yes, we need to schedule some play dates...

--------------------------------

G:  Did Daddy shovel the driveway?
M:  Yes
G:  Why?
M:  Because that's one of the ways that Daddy takes care of us, by shoveling the snow out of our driveway.
G:  I want God to take care of me.
M:  God will always take care of you.  But one of the ways that God takes care of you is to give you a Mommy and a Daddy to take care of you too.
G:  I love my Daddy.

Gabe is definitely starting to understand about God and God taking care of him.  It all started during that big thunderstorm in Hawaii, so maybe that storm was a good thing.  Tonight one of the daycare ladies told me that one of the girls had sprayed her with a spraybottle, killing her in the game they were playing.  She looked at Gabe and said "Gabe, aren't you going to save me?"  He said "I will save you.  God is powerful."

-------------------------------

For the last few weeks Gabe has been transitioning into the preschool room.  He loves it and he's super excited to be a preschooler.  Today I asked about which class he's supposed to make valentines for, since he's kindof mid-room.  They told me that they're going to consider him a preschooler and that they'd made him a cubbie this morning.  Then they changed him to a preschooler in the system.   So, I guess it's official.  I now have a preschooler!  Why is my baby growing up so fast???

-----------------------------

I'm having some issues publishing photos from my phone, so this post won't have any pictures, even though I still need to write about the dentist, haircuts and Gabe helping me put away his laundry.  Hopefully I'll get that figured out soon...  Until then, this is all I've got at the moment...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3