Cream Puffs and Spiders

This summer, Bella and I have a plan.  Each week we spend one day working on house projects, one day exploring, one day on baking projects and I go to work one day.  The last day just do whatever.  So far, it's worked out pretty well.  I don't spend every day thinking about projects around the house that we should be doing, but we are slowly getting things done.  Also, we're making it a point to get out and about.

This week, we spent Monday putting Gabe's room together.  Yesterday we wandered around Dredge Lake with Gram.


Today was baking day, so we decided to make Cream Puffs.  It was going well until we put the dough in the mixer.  As I pulled it out, I saw a spider run out and crawl under it.  Since Bella is afraid of spiders, I didn't say anything.  However, then I pulled out the beaters and discovered that there was an egg sac attached to one of the beaters.  Apparently the spider had been living in my mixer.

Needless to say, I had to wash the mixer and kill the spider before I could continue making the cream puffs.  And the Bella didn't want to go to that corner of the kitchen any more...  But the cream puffs are delicious!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3