Hiking with Laurie!

Laurie is home!!!

Laurie and I were inseparable for years. We were the only two single girls in a group full of married people for a very long time, and we spent a lot of time together. She was the maid of honor at my wedding. When she moved south, I helped her drive all of her stuff, driving through the wilderness for four days. (I wasn't happy about it though, since it meant that she was leaving me...) She and I each other on a level that no one else does and I miss her terribly.

This week she is back. She brought Nathan, her new husband. He's never been up here, so we're doing our best to show him everything. I'm hoping that he sees how wonderful it is up here and decides to that they could move back. That's probably a pipe dream, but I'm trying!

I'm off work this week since Bella's friend is here, so we have spent the week exploring.

Sunday we hiked to the waterfall.




Monday we hiked up Perseverance.







Yesterday we hiked out to the ice caves. I took Gabe to daycare for that one, because I couldn't imagine trying to do that with a backpack on... He was pretty cranky last night so he might've known he missed out on the fun...









I think we're at 14.3 miles of hiking in the last few days. No wonder I'm exhausted and sore...


 

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 


 

 
 

 
 


 

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3