Mastitis

We've had a rough couple of days around here. On Saturday I woke up with mastitis. I did alright Saturday, but by yesterday I was so sick and in so much pain that we went to the ER. I got iv antibiotics and an oral prescription and when I woke up this morning, I was feeling a bit better. I'm certainly not well yet, but I'm not in as much pain and I'm able to function.

When the nurse came in to take out my iv, she brought in a machine to take my vitals. She hooked me up to it and turned it on. I looked at the screen and realized that it was the exact same screen that Gabe had in the nicu. It was the screen that I stared at for months, a screen that I haven't seen since we left. It hit me pretty hard and I started to cry. I've been trying to process a lot of stuff since we left, trying to work through all of the emotional damage that the nicu did to me. I thought I was doing pretty well. But apparently I still have a few more triggers...

Antibiotics are wonderful and I'm doing better today, but I still stayed home from work to lay low. Plus, it gave Gabe and I a bit of time to play together. I wasn't up for much playing yesterday and poor Gabe couldn't figure out why I wouldn't read him all the books he kept bringing me, or let him crawl all over him. So today we got to play and read and snuggle and have a bit more fun while I tried to rest.

Also, this happened...

I figured that one was just a matter of time since he puts his foot on the top of the toybox. But I didn't expect him to he there when I went to check on him. I took him out and he got upset because there were a whole bunch of books in there that he wanted to look at. Once I got out a stack for him, he was happy again.

I was thinking about getting a second cup of coffee this morning when someone decided to play with my empty coffee cup.


That's his shoe inside, which he still tried to drink. I chose to get a clean glass...

After Dad got home, he insisted on putting on my socks. He was very proud of himself and quickly went to show Dad.


Unfortunately, walking on the kitchen floor in slippery socks is way more complicated that walking on carpet. The poor kid slipped and slid all over the floor. It was kindof funny actually. 


He's such a silly kid...
 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3