Gallery Walk

Last year, Bella, Pat and I went to Gallery Walk and had a great time. It’s not often that the three of us hang out without Gabe, and it was a lot of fun. I was all excited to do it again this year, however, Pat was out of town, I was exhausted from spending the week getting our house back on the market and Bella had some other obligations, so it just wasn’t going to happen.

I still wanted to wander a bit, so when I picked up Gabe from school, he and I took a quick walk down. Well, quick is a relative statement when our first stop was the train. Gabe squealed from a block away and we stood there watching for at least 20 minutes...





Eventually I peeled him away with the promise of shoe cookies at the shoe store. On the way there however, we saw the Grinch. He stopped to give Gabe a treat and Gabe let out a scream that I’ve never heard from him before. He was terrified! And he spent the rest of the night talking about how he didn’t want the Grinch to get him. I finally got him convinced that the Grinch was just trying to give him a present, but it was still pretty traumatic.

We talked to Santa, got some shoe cookies and some tea. I tried to walk into one of my favorite fancy stores, but I quickly decided that doing that with a crowd and a two-year-old was not a good plan. So we headed back, stopping to color on the street.



We didn’t stay long since Bella was home and wandered crowds with Gabe isn’t quite as relaxing as it is with Pat and Bella, but we had a lot of fun. I wish the rest of the family could have come too. Oh well, there’s always next year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3