Bella’s Birthday Party

One of the reasons that we wanted a new house was because of Bella. She’s now a teenager (how is that possible?) and we wanted her to be able to have friends over and have a place for them to hang out without being in the same space as everyone else that did not involve only hanging out in her bedroom. As a mom, I wanted to be able to be around without being in the middle of things, if that makes sense. When we were house hunting, that was the biggest thing I was looking for.

Thankfully our new house has exactly that. And last night, we got to take advantage of it.
Technically Bella’s birthday was the beginning of March, but since that was a week before we moved and most of our stuff was packed up, we convinced her to wait for her party until we could get moved and a little bit settled. So last night we had six middle school girls spending the night. It was pretty much chaos. I mean, don’t get me wrong, they all had a wonderful time, but middle school girls are a new level of noisy. It’s a good thing that Gram was around so that Gabe could have a special sleepover date with her, because I don’t think he would have ever gone to sleep over here...

This morning when I got up to make cinnamon rolls, Bella and one of the other girls were still up watching movies. I’m not sure how they were still awake. It was not a surprise that she crashed the moment all of her friends left...

I only have one picture I can post, since I try not to post pictures of other peoples kids...


Gabe was really excited to help me make the cake. He helped mix it all up and then licked the batter (the most important job of all!), but he was crushed when I decorated it without him. So Friday morning I let him add a few more sprinkles and told him I’d make sure that the girls saved him one piece of green cake. I think that’s the only way he was okay with missing cake at the party. He’s actually claimed a piece of leftover cake in his lunch, but I’m not sure that will happen...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3