2

Happy Birthday to the sweetest, most adorable and wonderful little two year old boy ever!

I have no idea how it’s been two years since that little guy joined our family. It seems like just yesterday. And now suddenly he’s too old to be a lap infant on a plane and he’s too busy to want to snuggle with me when he could be playing with his trucks or getting into his brothers toys.

Two is the last year that e can get away with not doing a big party, so we did a very low key birthday celebration. Gabe and I blew up balloons in the morning, so he had balloons to play with when he got up. Then after tide pooling (another post...) and a nap, Gram and Gramps came over for birthday dinner. I made meatballs and rice, which I knew he would love.



He actually did love it, but yet picture is too funny not to include. He may have been complaining about the asparagus...

Dinner was hard for poor Gabe to sit through because he really wanted to open presents. Josy was clueless and kept eating rice, but Gabe was definitely struggling. “Mommy, I want to open presents because I want to see the joy that he has when he sees what I got him!” I think he just wanted to play with Josy’s toys, but it was still sweet.

Eventually Josy filled up on rice and we opened presents.



















He eventually got the hang of it, but for a while there, he was ripping off a tiny piece of paper, declaring it “yucky!” and handing it to me. It took a very long time to open a very small number of presents... Also, Gabe insisted on putting a ribbon on all of them, which isn’t the most helpful for a two-year-old...

Then we got to cake. It may not win any decorating awards, but it got a two-year-old to say “Wow!” which was all I wanted.









It was a lovely, low-key way to celebrate our favorite littlest guy. 

We love you Jo Jo Bear!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3