A Real Pegleg

Last year, I was leasing a work train and a guy walked in with an actual pegleg. I couldn’t believe it. But I also had no idea who he was and walking up to someone to ask if they would like to meet your pirates son is a little strange. I told Gabe and he instantly asked if I had a picture. No. Because once again, taking pictures of random strangers is weird.

Then this year, I did the same training and he walked in again. I knew that I had to do something. So I found one of the other people in the training that I knew fairly well and asked her if she thought he’d be okay with it, since I still don’t know the guy at all. She told me that he’d totally be fine with me asking, that he loves kids and loves showing off his pegleg and he was very sweet to her kids.

So as soon as I finished the training, I asked him if he’d ever be interested is saying hi to my pirate son. He was super nice and instantly said that he’d love to meet him and to bring him by anytime. Well, I happened to be bringing him to work that afternoon, so I told Seth that we would stop by.

I didn’t tell Gabe the plan. I just took him with me over to the other building and we walked into Seth’s office. Gabe was in awe. Seth took off the pegleg and let him hold it. He told us the story of what happened. He told Gabe about his retirement plans to get a bird and walk the docks like a pirate. Gabe was actually so intimidated that he was slightly shy. Not crazy shy. He just talked like a normal kid, rather than his usual self.

He was so excited that he’s been telling everyone about meeting him.

Thank you Seth. You definitely made my little pirates day.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3