A Day of Appointments

Last week, we managed to have a day of doctors appointments. Don’t worry, all is well. We just needed to get some bloodwork done for Gabe and to get the boys checked for a heart defect that we just discovered that may be running around our family genetics. (Spoiler alert: Nope, they’re fine. But we just needed to check.) And since Gabe is in school now, we might as well get it all taken care of in one day.

I didn’t know how the ultrasound would go. I figured that Gabe would be fine, but Josy might be a little hard to convince. So I figured that we’d bring Blanket and String and Timmy and that would make life easier. But I also knew that Gabe was not going to be okay with a blood draw. He’d already told me in no uncertain terms that he was never doing that again after the last one. So I told him that we’d get hot chocolate afterwards and that he could bring his snuggly guys. In my head, I thought that would be String and Timmy, maybe Perry too. No. He decided to bring all of them.


But he was really brave. I sat him in my lap and he held String and Timmy and held his arm super still and even told me that it wasn’t that bad. I was super proud of him. He definitely earned his hot chocolate.

Then we went down to see the traveling pediatric cardiologist. Josy was a little nervous to get his blood pressure taken, but luckily he has a big brother to help him out.





The ultrasounds ended up not being a big deal because the tech has a portable DVD player and the boys just watched a movie the whole time. It was perfect! Just like their hearts.







Then I had to take both boys to school and, since I was kid free and Pat was out of town, I went to the grocery store. I didn’t finally get started working until noon. But it was good to get all of that taken care of.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3