Two Weeks at Home

Gram has been watching Gabe all summer. I mean, she had as long as we’re haven’t been on vacation or we’ve had crazy amounts of family here or Katilyn has been here with Bryson. But the rest of the time, she had him. That plan worked great up until she and Gramps left town for two weeks. So I’vs spent the last two weeks working from home with Gabe. 

I managed to come up with a bunch of playdate for him. We went to the new play area in town so I could use the wifi while he played. We went to the library for a few hours. We had working coffee dates (which also included coffee spilled all over my lap and ended up being less fun than they were supposed to be…). We made it through. But it was hard and I definitely prefer actually sitting in my office, rather than trying to work and entertain a six year old at the same time. Also, having to drop off Josy at school made things really interesting…

He had a craft project he was working on that involved cups. He was trying to be creative to get the cups. While I appreciate the creativity, no. This was not a good plan.



We had a visitor.



Gabe insisted on buying corn on the cob, so he got put in charge of prepping it.



These boys have so many sword fight…



Gabe thought it was great that Lucy wanted to snuggle with him. I think Lucy was trying to push him off my lap.



Trying out the microscope at the news play area.



There have been a lot of pipe cleaner crafts. We have pipe cleaners everywhere…





He came to work with me one day. I actually had a project that I needed him for, so he was really helpful.



He found these books at the library and was convinced we needed them. Um, the one was over 500 pages! No kid. Sorry. 



Gabe had done chores he was supposed to do and he decided that he’d work better if he could listen to sea shanties. Josy did not have chores to do and instead just got into trouble for blocking the noise.



Aunt Jan let Gabe pick her zucchini. Gabe doesn’t like zucchini and if you ask him what good he doesn’t like, that’s what he’ll tell you. But if it comes from Aunt Jan’s garden, then he’ll eat it like a corn on the cob.



He was inspired by National Night Out.



This was Josy. But I actually couldn’t find him to take him to school until I heard the giggle.



We went for a bike ride/run. I actually had someone ask me if we were training for the Ironman. Yeah, no. Definitely no.



And then this happened. He wanted me to pull him in the wagon…



One day he found as hole in his coat.

G: Mom, there’s a hole in my coat. I think I’ve been shot. I’m super proud of myself for not dying.

It was a burn from a campfire ember. Definitely not a gunshot hole. But I’m glad he’s proud of himself for not dying.

Silly kid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3