Glad It’s Over…

I’m glad that Halloween is over. There are too many scary things and my boys get too nervous about them. While we were trick or treating, I was holding Josy’s hand and we’d be walking down the mall and I’d suddenly feel him pulling on me. I’d look over and realize that he hadn’t said a word, he was just making a wide circle around something that he thought was scary.

The morning after Halloween, Josy woke up crying. I went into his room and he said he had to go to the bathroom. I took him in the bathroom, but he still kept crying. I asked him what was wrong and he started talking about ghosts. I asked him if he’d had a bad dream and he sobbed harder. So I took him back in his room and we snuggled for a long time. He relaxed, so I figured he’d fallen asleep and went to lay him back down. He stiffened and told me that the monsters were coming. So I took him back to our bed. We snuggled up, forehead to forehead on my pillow. I felt him relax again and his breathing changed, so I figured that he’d fallen asleep. So I rolled my head over. Then I felt a little tiny grab my cheek and pull me head back down to his forehead. So we snuggled back up.

He never did fall back asleep. But the good news is that it was just one night of bad dream. But I’m ready for all of the scary things to go away and to move on to Thanksgiving and Christmas.

That said, he did make the cutest astronaut ever…




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3