Northern Lights

We don’t normally get to see the northern lights. We have too much cloud cover, so even if they’re out, we can’t see them.

But this year, we’ve had some crazy shows. Most of them, I’ve missed because they all happen in the middle of the night when I’m asleep. Gabe was complaining that he’s never seen him, so I promised to wake him up the next time they were out.

Sunday night was the night. A friend posted they were out, so I went outside and saw a green blur. So I told Pat, but he didn’t feel good and didn’t want to go outside to look (spoiler alert: he totally missed out!!). But I woke up Gabe. I didn’t want to stop to put a jacket on him, so I just wrapped him in a blanket and went outside.

Um, that was the best show I’d ever seen. It was incredible! I was trying to take pictures, but I only had one hand because I was holding Gabe. The blanket was falling off and I couldn’t put it on nicely because he wasn’t wearing boots, so he was cold and I couldn’t do anything about it. But the lights were so amazing that I wanted to stay out there and take more pictures.

He got cold and I took him back inside and he went back to bed. I went back outside, but they were not nearly as good as they were just a couple of minutes before. I probably should have driven somewhere to get a better view, but the show that we did get was amazing and absolutely the best show I’ve ever seen.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3