So Much Craziness…

I need to stop saying “life has been crazy” because apparently it never stops being crazy. That said, this has been an exceptionally crazy season of life… First of all, Pat has been traveling. At one point, he had been out of town for at least part of four of the last five weeks. Second, my friend, whose kids we’d had earlier in the year, had surgery. We had all three of her kids while she was out of town. Then her teenager went home and we had the two little ones. Then the youngest got Hand Foot and Mouth, so she went home with mom to recover, so we’ve just had the middle one. She’s finally recovered and came back last night. Hopefully her mom will be able to recover a bit more now that she’s not having to care for a sick kid at the same time…

On top of that, last week Pat had hernia surgery. He’s back to work this week, but last week was a little rough…

All that to say, there’s a reason I’ve been behind on posting pictures, so I have a lot to catch up on.

We went out to dinner with Gram and Gramps. Josy and I got there early, to save the table.



We got another day of skiing in, our last day of skiing together before extra kids and surgery. It was amazing up there!!







Bella’s grandpa visited her in Utah. They went shopping, got food and celebrated her 17th birthday.





Freddy was trying to help me make the bed. He was less than helpful…



But he is good at snuggles…



“I have a bowl hat!”



I couldn’t resist taking a picture of the sunset.



While my Dad was up for the month of February, we got the entire downstairs painted!! It looks so good! Now I’m itching to paint the rest of the house, but it has to be when we don’t have extra kids or ski lessons and no one is recovering from surgery. 



The pastor who married us came up to visit for a few days!



I got a special date in with each of the boys. Pastries for Josy…



…and froyo for Gabe.



Josy just loves Pastor Tim.



Gabe may not always be in costume any more, but sometimes he comes downstairs all dressed up.



We went to a birthday party at the local play center. One of the kids (one of mine…) decided to use the bricks to block to the door, so the kids had to get in through the window. No one seemed to mind.



There was a meeting at church, so naturally Gabe found the swat team uniform.



Josy just found 14 hats.



Josy is getting so big.



I asked Gabe to pick Josy’s clothes, so he picked these pants and the sweater vest. The morning was too crazy, so I just let it go and got him dressed. However, Josy was having none of it and insisted on wearing a sweatshirt. We were in a hurry, so I grabbed the first one I could see: a Batman sweatshirt. 



They insisted on sleeping together. It did not last long.



He decided to pour his own cereal.



I took the boys skiing all by myself.





That meant that Gabe had to sit with our stuff while Josy and I were in the bathroom.



Also, Gabe now goes up the lift all by himself.



There’s more to catch up on, but that’s all I have time for right now…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3