Snow Day!

We had a crazy snowstorm. Conveniently, it was while Pat was out of town, which made things more fun…

Realistically, that would have been a great day to work from home. But Gabe was supposed to go skiing with his class and I didn’t want him to miss it, so we headed out the door like normal. I dropped off Gabe and then drive down to drop off Josy. As we got out of the car, I realized that I stop had Gabe’s lunch. Lovely. Dude he was skiing, he had to have his lunch, so I drove back to the school. When I got to his classroom, the teacher told me that the field trip was off at the ski resort was closed for the day due to high winds,

I drove back down to the office and realized that I was now driving in white out conditions. Lovely. But at this point both boys are at school, so I might as well just go to work. So I did. An hour later, the school district announced an early pickup. I picked up both boys and went home. That was a great plan, until I pulled into the house and realized that there was so much snow there was no way I could park. So the boys and I attacked the driveway. Josy did not last very long, so I put him down for a nap instead, but Gabe worked hard. To be fair, he was also working to dig himself a hole, but I’ll take it.









Eventually the neighbors’s grandkids came over to help.





It was really wet snow and it was really hard to shovel. The neighbor saw me struggling and brought over a snowblower. Then he taught Gabe how to use it, which Gabe thought was the best.



Once the driveway was clear, the hole was still there, which Gabe was happy about. The next day another neighbor’s son bought his four wheeler over and cleaned it all up nicely, which did ruin the hole and caused some angst, but we worked though that.



Eventually we came inside. I pulled out an army toy that a friend had given me that her son no longer used. Gabe thought it was the best and he was perfectly happy to play for a very long time.



Then it started raining, so it was really good that we got the driveway cleared off when we did because it was going to be very gross…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3