A Girly Birthday!

I haven’t celebrated a girly birthday in a very long time. Bella was here last year for her 16th birthday, but we didn’t do anything special (long story…). She was in TFC for her 14th and 15th birthdays, so we didn’t do anything to celebrate. So her 13th birthday, 4 years ago, was the last girly party we had.

Well, I (the girl that’s living with us) turned 8 a couple of weeks so. I was a bit concerned that she’d be living with us for her birthday and not her own family and who wants to spend a birthday not with your mom?? So I bought cake mix for make cupcakes for her class, balloons to throw in her bedroom and we made ice cream for a birthday treat. Instead, she got hand, foot and mouth and spent the week at her house laying on the bed with her mom. So she’s missed school and all fun birthday things completely.

She was sick for most of a week, but then she came back to our house…just in time for spring break. So this week, once we were back to school and normal line, I told her that we’d pick a day and just pretend it was her birthday. So Sunday night I found myself making birthday cupcakes for her to take to school.



I was off work that day, so I made her favorite dinner, blew up balloons and decorated the house.



We even had unicorn cups to use. Let’s face it, it was the girliest my house will be until I have granddaughters… But it was fun. I love my boys. But sometimes it’s fun to do girl things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3