Happy Easter!

He is Risen!

We had a lovely weekend celebrating Easter. On Friday night we went to the Good Friday service. We were all supposed to leave the service in silence, but doing anything with four kids in silence is rather complicated. We made it, but it was not easy…

Saturday morning Pat had a meeting at church, so I took all the kids to the big Easter egg hunt by myself. I’m impressed that I brought all four of them home. Each of them was legit missing at one point in the morning. It’s a good thing we live in a nice town… There was much excitement when we got started, but the older kids didn’t get as many eggs as they expected and it caused some drama. As such, the only reasonable pictures I got were of Josy…




I did make them take pictures with the Easter bunny, but one kid in particular is glaring so badly that I will not be posting that one on the internet for her world to see… Even hot chocolate, a cookie and a bouncy house did not cure that child’s attitude.

Yesterday morning, Gabe, I, A and I went to the Sunrise service. I really like that he and I have that tradition. And I was super excited that the other two girls wanted to go too. Maybe one of these years I’ll convince the rest of the family to join us…



Then we got home and got ready for church.


Gabe insisted on taking this picture.



Then we headed home and started cooking. Several friends came over for lamb, ham and two types of sweet potatoes. It was lovely and I took exactly 0 pictures.

I was going to do an Easter egg hunt for the kids, but a freak storm showed up, so it didn’t happen. But this morning I ended up working from home because the boys had a dentist appt, so I hid a bunch of eggs for Josy. He thought it was great and at least we got one hunt in!





Also, wandering around the yard hiding eggs made me pay attention to how much work we need to do to clean up the yard… But that’s a project for another day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3