Craziness

I should probably stop saying “life has been crazy…” because that is apparent just the regular status of life around here… That said, things have been crazy since we got home. 

We got home on a Sunday night, which meant that work and school started the next morning. Also, the cats were super mad at us for leaving (long story that really does all make sense. It wasn’t the cats fault…), so I spent a week cleaning up their mess. The next week, I spent the week getting ready for the bridal shower that I was throwing my friend Cathy. The next week I had surgery and now, a week and a half later, I’m still working on recovering from that. Also, Halloween was in the middle of that, Pat was gone for a week and he just left again this morning. Oh, and this week was Cathy’s wedding. I’d say that things are going to calm down, but next week is Thanksgiving, December is always crazy, Gabe’s birthday and Pat’s got at least another week out of town. Also, I’m still recovering. But such is life…

Gabe saved his tooth for the entire trip (he lost it in San Diego). He would even wash it when he brushed his teeth. Then we got home…and it was gone.

We went to the park on a nice day because Gabe hadn’t played back in weeks!!

Family movie night!

I asked Gabe what he wanted for breakfast at school and he told me he wanted a baked potato. Um, okay then. Baked potato it is.

Josy’s teacher sent me this:

The weather was nice, so I took the boys on a walk after school. Josy was very concerned about the electrical boxes.

J: There are lots of those boxes. You can’t go in them.

M: Those are your ones Daddy gets into.

J: No! He can’t! If you open the door, storms come out!!

Gabe’s friend came over. They asked for hot chocolate, but insisted on drinking it right there.

It’s hard for me to say no when a kid asks me to buy him a show shovel. I will encourage all snow shoveling, even if there isn’t any snow!

I made dairy free mini pumpkin pies for the bridal shower. They were a lot of work, but they were a hit. Plus the boys had fun helping.

Dad finally got home after being gone for a week, and then an extra day after there was fought drama.

And then I had surgery. Luckily my boys took good care of me.

My little creative could also made a Veteran’s Day picture.

He also has entirely too much fun with Magnatiles.

While recovering, I made this guy:

We actually got some snow, so the boys got to use their new snow shovels.

And then Cathy got married, but that deserves its own post…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3