The Wedding

Cathy got married! (Or Catherine, as prefers likes to be called. I’ve just known her entirely too long to suddenly switch names…)

It was a beautiful wedding. It was very small and no frills, exactly like they wanted it. The boys were the ushers, with they did less “helping people to their seats” and more “looking adorable”…

But seriously. Could they be any cuter???


Somehow, even though Pat and I had not discussed footwear and we got dressed separately, we managed to match our shoes. Great minds think alike and all.


Also, as comfy as those shoes are, I threw them away when I got home.


The boys were in all of the wedding pictures.

The ceremony was pretty short, which was good. Gabe was fine. Josy was bored.

Then we all went to the brewery for a toast.

They had a funny wall with sequins that you could flip back and forth in order to draw pictures or write things. My little artist has entirely too much fun with that.

Josy, on the other hand, never left Pat’s lap. He’s smacked his head on a handrail running out of church and ended up with an impressive goose egg and then he fell asleep in the car on the 5 minute drive and that really killed his evening. He was a significantly more mellow kid at the brewery…

Then we got some dinner and packed up to head home. I put on my fancy jacket, the one that I bought in Paris over a decade ago. Gabe looked at me and asked me why I was wearing “that funny jacket.” Thanks Kid. It’s the coolest thing that I own…


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3