5

Somehow my baby turned 5. I do not know how that is possible. He and I made an agreement when he was a baby that he was never going to grow up and he is not keeping up his end of the bargain!!





Poor kid actually had a rough morning. The night before he’d gotten his finger smashed by a kid at the park during Gabe’s game. It was pretty painful and he was still feeling it when he woke up.


I asked him if I I could take a happy birthday picture and he said no, “a mad picture.”


The day did get better, but it started out rough.

But a fun day with Gram and Gramps apparently made him forget about the whole finger incident and we got to have a birthday party to celebrate our little guy.

I asked him what he wanted for dinner and he said Mac and Cheese. Obviously he wanted it from the box. None of the rest of us wanted to eat, so I had to get a little creative. I made him Mac and Cheese from a box. I made homemade Mac and Cheese for the rest of us, then air fried some coconut shrimp and Pat made a giant salad. It worked out pretty well. We did not add hot dogs to the mac and cheese, as Uncle Matt suggested.


Then it was time for presents. I think we all did really well as he was super excited about all of them.


A fireboat. He’s been obsessed with fireboats for like a year…



But then he opened Gram and Gramps’ present. It had a picture on the side of the box and I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a kid quite that excited.




A Josy sized wheelbarrow.



Dad had to put it together and that was almost torture.


Eventually we had dessert.


And after dessert, Josy brought his wheelbarrow around and asked everyone if he could take their plates.



He’s the best. I love this kid.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3