Bears

In the interest of taking full advantage of my last day of maternity leave, the kids and I went on a walk yesterday after Bella  got home from school. Apparently our timing was perfect because just as we showed up, we saw this:

I've been out there many times, but this was the first time that I'd gotten to watch a bear grab a salmon and then eat it. There was even a third cub that didn't make the picture. It was pretty amazing. Even Bella was impressed and she's not usually terribly impressed with wildlife. Gabe was more concerned about the color of the coat the lady next to us was wearing...

After the bears left, we walked out to the falls. The water level was a lot higher than I'm used to and we had to get our feet wet, but it was okay. The water was pretty cold though...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3