Big Boy Bed

We set up Gabe's crib a long time ago, but he's still been sleeping in the bassinet in our room. He needs to sleep in his own bed. He sleeps really well through the night, so it's not like he really needs to be in there, plus he's too big for it. He grabs the bars on both sides and when he's playing in there he turns himself sideways and nearly gets stuck. But we haven't moved him because his room doesn't have blinds and I don't want the light waking him up at 5am...
As you can see, he's clearly too big for this bed. Anyway, the blinds have been   ordered, they're just not here yet. Plus,with this whole daycare transition, I didn't want to mess with everything he knows. There's also been a my-baby's-growing-up factor that I didn't want to deal with...

Anyway, last night I went to put Gabe to bed only to realize that I'd washed his sheet. Rather than putting a sleeping baby on my bed so that I could get the clean sheet and remake his bed and move him to his bed, possibly waking him up, I just put him in his crib for his first night in his big bot bed. He only made it until 4:15, but still. He made it to 4:15!

This was the first night that I haven't had him in my room since the night before we roomed in at the hospital. However, since I just put him down without thinking too much about it, I didn't have a chance to get all emotion and sentimental about it! He'll probably be back in the bassinet until the blinds arrive. I really don't want him waking up with the sun quite yet...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3