The Klondike

This weekend I ran the Klondike. It's a 10 person road relay from Skagway to a Whitehorse, a distance of 112 miles. It also goes through the mountain pass, which means that there are some nasty hills to run.

I started running the Klondike 5 years ago. Lacey, my running buddy, decided to put a team together and it's been going ever since. I ran the first two years, but then I got pregnant and took two years off. But this year I decided to start running again and the Klondike was great motivation.

Since I have the baby, I got to do the princess leg, which is only 7.8 miles and only had one big hill. It was great and I got to run it at 10:30pm!

The race was great. I mean, it was a brutal run, but it was really good. And I'm glad that I went, even if I did have to leave Gabe alone for the first time for three days...











 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3