Valentines Day

We had things going on Wednesday, so we decided to celebrate Valentines Day two days late. My parents are out of town, so rather than hire a babysitter, we decided to just put the kids to bed early and celebrate after they were in bed. Also, there are serious perks to being a couple of days late. Sure, the selection is sad, but all Valentines stuff is seriously on sale. Also, Pat got a free container of chocolate covered strawberries. He was looking at them, trying to decide if he should get some, and the manager walked up and handed them to him. Sweet!

Technically, Bella was working on homework in her bedroom, but regardless, Pat and I got to have a lovely dinner of steak and potatoes, complete with candles. It was a pretty lovely way to celebrate our life together.

The candles also made for an interesting conversation at dinner this evening as Gabe couldn't figure out what they were. He got super excited when we lit them, proclaiming them very "pretty."

Speaking of Gabe, I was putting his jammies on his this evening and he stated singing "know dear I love you!" It took me a minute to realize he was singing "You are my Sunshine." I know they sing a lot of songs at school, but I'm always impressed when he suddenly starts singing something that I know that I've never sung to him. He was also singing at dinner about a bumblebee and "ouch!"

In other news, we moved a bunch of boxes to my parents house. Gabe thought it was super exciting to play in the back of Daddy's truck while we got it packed up.


I got him this puzzle a couple of months ago and he wasn't into it. Apparently I just needed to wait, because suddenly he loves it. He even tried to share a piece with the kitty.


Post-nap snuggles to watch the Olympics.



 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3