Valentines

Gabe got to do his first valentines last night.  It was adorable and not at all painful!

I started helping Bella with valentines when she was in 1st grade.  Pat was not into them at all, and I felt like all little girls need to bring valentines to school, so I got the job.  Oh boy was in painful.  I think that's the common theme of valentines and little kids who are just learning to write...  Second grade was better, but by fourth grade, I was totally fine when the school said that they weren't doing valentines anymore.  I didn't think about valentines last year as Bella was too old and Gabe was too little, and the thought never even crossed my mind.

On Monday I got a message from Gabe's daycare saying that we were welcome to bring valentines if we wanted to, but we didn't have to.  Since I couldn't come up with something to bring to the Valentine's party they were having, I decided to go with valentines.

Valentines with a two-year-old who does not have the ability to write is so much easier than with a 1st grader who is learning to write!  All I did was spread them out on the table and ask him which one he wanted to give to each kid.  I'd give him a name, he'd pick one up and yell "This one!" and I'd write their name on the back.  How easy is that???

When we got done, there were a couple left, so I whispered and asked him if he wanted to make one for Bella.  He then yelled "Bella!", which totally killed the secret as she was sitting in the next room...  We also made one for Daddy and then had to be all sneaky so that he could put them on their pillows.  I think he liked the sneaky part.  This may be a problem later on...

This morning we got to school and I handed him each valentine and he put it in every kid's bag.  I know that I'll be totally over valentines when we get to the point where he can actually write, but this year it was absolutely adorable and I loved it!

Plus, I got this cute valentine from him!



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3