Yardwork

The weather was actually reasonably nice this weekend, so Gabe and I decided to do some yard work.

My goal was to simply pull all of the dead stuff out of the garden. Gabe's goal was to pull all of the dirt out of the garden. He was so proud of himself that it was really hard for me to tell him to leave the dirt where it is. Eventually I convinced him to dump it on the other plants, but that only worked sometimes...


Then he found the rocks. Oh man, those were the best! He spent a long time scooping up rocks to put in his bucket. At least I convinced him to use his own bucket, rather than the bucket I was using to pull weeds.


Then he found a soccer ball behind the shed. I had no idea it was there, but he managed to find it.



Then yesterday we decided to pull out his bike. Pat bought it for him over a year ago, but the poor kid was too short to be able to sit on it. Now that he's tall enough, I don't know if we'll be able to keep him off of it...


"I want to go there!"


Just wait kid. Soon you'll be going everywhere...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3