Our Weekend

For the last few months, every single weekend has revolved around house projects. Realistically, that's what happens when you're trying to get the house ready to go on the market, but still. It feels like that's all we're doing these days. Hopefully those days will be behind us soon...

This weekend, though, we had a few other things going on. On Friday night we dropped Gabe off with a friend and Pat and I went on a date! I don't have any pictures of our date because apparently I only take pictures of kids nowdays, but it was really nice to just have dinner with my husband. We should do that more often...

Saturday morning was the Girls on the Run 5K. Bella has been doing Heart and Sole, the middle school version of Girls on the Run, for the last 10 weeks, and this was their finally hurrah. I've been helping with the race planning, so I got to show up early to set up, before running the race with Bella. As I was eating breakfast, I looked out the window and realized that it was raining sideways and this seemed like the worst idea ever. Luckily the weather flipped and by the time we did the race, it was rather pleasant out!


For the afternoon, we were back to house projects. Pat cleaned out the garage and I cleaned the windows. Once Gabe was up from his nap, he was in charge of cleaning the screens.



For Mother's Day, we went to church and then out to lunch. On the way to the restaurant, Bella was explaing to Gabe what Mother's Day was. "It's a day when we tell our Mom's how much we appreciate them and how happy we are to have them in our life." Gabe responded by yelling "Happy life Mommy! Happy life Mommy!"

I got in an afternoon nap and a nice long run, along with flowers and a card, so I'd say it was a lovely Mother's Day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3