A New Running Buddy?

On Thursday I decided that I needed to go for a run. Normally I run at work, and now that it’s getting dark earlier that’s really my only option. Unfortunately, it decided to start snowing. I hadn’t brought my winter running gear, so running in the snow just sounded miserable.

I decided that my best option was to run at the fieldhouse after work. I can’t run more than two miles going in circles, but it’s still a run, so it’s better than nothing. Bella didn’t have school, so she was hanging out at daycare with Gabe for the day. I figured this was perfect as she could keep an eye on Gabe while I ran.

When we got to the fieldhouse, baseball practice was starting in the field, which both kids wanted to watch. It was perfect. Well, it was perfect for my first mile. Then Gabe told me that I needed to stop running... I also noticed that he’d had an accident, but all the spare clothes were in the car. Lovely. I checked on them after every lap, but things got a little more complicated. Gabe tried to climb the fence and Bella told him no, so I heard a squawk from the other side of the track. Then Bella didn’t want him to drive his excavator up her leg. Another squawk. With three laps to go, he decided that he wanted to run with me. He did really well running for that first lap, but halfway through the second lap, he decided that he was done and told me to pick him up. I told him that defeated the point of running... We made it through the second lao by racing to Bella, which worked pretty well. Then he let me run the last one by myself.

All in all, it was a run. And it was only slightly a disaster. I was glad that there were only two other people on the track. If it was busy, I don’t think we could have pulled it off... But I may have a new running buddy. Or I may have one when his legs are a little longer...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3