Talking

When we decided to potty train, I was not even thinking about night training.  Let's just focus on the day and not worry about nighttime at all.  Plus, Gabe sleeps in a crib and while he's ready to transition to a toddler bed, it just hasn't happened yet.  And you can't have a potty trained toddler in a crib, since they can't actually get out of the crib to use the bathroom.

But once again, my son defied expectations.

The last couple of nights, he's woken us up at about 6:15 with a "Daddy!  I need to go pee!" and a completely dry diaper.  So, I guess that he's going to night train himself and we need to convert that crib to a toddler bed.  That said, he still won't be able to get to the bathroom by himself since he's too short to open the door, but that's a different problem...

This morning both kids had doctor's appointments, so I got to sleep in a bit.  Or at least, I was going to sleep in until someone got up early to use the bathroom and then decided he was up for the day.  Anyway, Daddy had to get ready to go and Gabe came into the room and said "Mommy, can I sit on the bed and talk to you?"  Yes.  The answer to that question will always be yes.  So, he crawled up on the bed and sat next to me and said "Where we gonna go?"  I don't know.  Where?  "To the apple slices store to get apple slices."  Um, okay.  Then he proceeded to ask me what the guys had on their head, which I only knew what he was talking about because of a very long conversation we'd had yesterday.  When we went trick-or-treating, we went to the neighbor's house and they were watching an old episode of Star Trek, which has a random race of people that I'd never seen before and they had funny things on their heads.  And now, over a week later, he would like to know what they had on their heads.  I have no idea.  I don't watch that much Star Trek...

We have some very interesting conversations, but I'm glad that Gabe is big enough that we actually can sit and talk.  Yesterday he sat on the barstool in the kitchen with me while I cooked dinner and we just talked.  Sure, much of the conversation was about how nice and cozy his string blanket is, and how his hands were full since he had string blanket and doggie and he was eating a piece of cabbage (another perk of sitting in the kitchen with mom), but it was a lot of fun.


He's a funny little kid and I don't know what we would do without him.

I don't have many pictures for the week.  But here is what my kids do when they're waiting for the doctor to show up.



Also, it snowed last week. Gabe was more excited about eating the snow than playing with it, although he kept handing me snow so I could throw it. I’d throw the snowball and he’d yell “Great job, Mommy!”






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3