My Little Muffin Helper

I know I’ve been quiet, but I haven’t had too much to report here. We’re still in the middle of the floor project, but the end is in sight! That said, guess what we’re working in every single evening???

Gabe continues to be hilarious. This week we were in the car and he said “Mommy, what is propriate and anapropriate?” Then at dinner, I told Pat and Gabe then told Daddy that “propriate” was good and “anapropriate” was bad, so he was clearly paying attention.

Last night we went to the church for dinner. Bible study got canceled, so I told Gabe that we were going to go home after dinner and make a special treat. He asked what we were going to make and I told him muffins. He got all excited and told me how much he loved muffins and how yummy they were. Then he pointed to his mouth and said “Look at that smiley face!”

After dinner, Bella went to middle school youth group and Pat went to high school youth group, so Gabe and I went home and made our muffins. This was the first time we’d baked something together and it turns out that he’s a good little helper. I mean, he’s still 2, and the extra muffin wrappers did end up in a ball on the floor, but it’s all about managing expectations, right?







He pronounced them “tasty!” so I think we did well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3