A Cake Accident

On Tuesday I decided that we needed to eat coffee cake for dinner (along with quiche.  Not just coffee cake...).  Since Gabe is my little helper (and he heard the word cake), he wanted to help me.  He was watching the mixer and turning it on, as well as helping me dump things into the bowl.  This worked out great until I dumped in a bunch of flour and then walked to the other side of the kitchen.  He turned the mixer on for me, but turned it on full blast.  There was flour everywhere.  To be fair, I had forgotten to tell him to make sure that we only turn it on a little bit...


The coffee cake was big hit (as it usually is).  By the time dinner was over, there were only two pieces left.  At breakfast on Wednesday, Gabe looked at the cake and said "Mommy, you didn't eat that cake!  I'm so proud of you!  You didn't eat it with Daddy!"  Then he may have gotten a piece of coffee cake in his lunch...

------------------------------------------

G:  I don't know how to stop growing, but I do know how to stop being loud.

------------------------------------------

Gabe made a necklace for me at school.  He asked me if I wanted it and I told him definitely yes.  He put it around my neck and got a super adorable, bashful look on his face when he asked me if I liked it.  He was so proud of himself that I almost cried.  And then I wore the necklace to work the next day.


----------------------------------------

G:  Daddy is young.
B:  Um, no he's not.
G:  Yes he is.
B:  He's almost 40.
G:  40s not old!

---------------------------------------

I picked up Gabe from school yesterday and he was wearing his crocs.  I told him that he should put on his boots, since it was raining out.  He told me that he wanted to wear his crocs.  I told him that was fine, but his feet were going to get wet from the rain.  We finished getting ready and walked outside, where he promptly told me that he wanted to wear his boots.  I told him that he'd lost that opportunity and next time I tell him to put his boots on, he should listen.  Then he sobbed all the way to the car, crying "I want the opportunity!"

-------------------------------------

G:  Do doggies have hands?
M:  They have paws, but it's like they have four feet.  So they don't have hands or arms, just four feet.  Count your doggie's feet.
G:  One, two, three, four, five
M:  What?  Where did you get five feet?
G:  He has five in the front.

-------------------------------------

Also, he's making the transition into the preschool room at school.  My baby is growing up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3