34 Weeks

Today is May 1st.  This is huge.  Back when I found out I was pregnant in October, the thought of actually being pregnant in May was completely out of reach.  There was no way.  But suddenly here we are.  As of today I'm 34 weeks pregnant and the doctor says that if something happens in the next two weeks, he wouldn't necessarily automatically medivac me.  I've reached the point where I might actually be able to do this here.  After everything that happened with Gabe, I'm not sure I can even process that.

It's very strange to actually be this pregnant.  Pat and I actually get to sit on the couch in the evenings and feel the baby kick and move.  He didn't get to do that with Bella because they were in the middle of extreme marital drama.  We didn't get to do that with Gabe because he was born so early.  So here, on kid number three, we actually get to feel him kick, talk to him and take time throwing out names.  I know that's normal for most people having babies, but for us, this is a brand new and incredibly exciting time.  While I'm definitely excited to have this baby, I'm also really enjoying this special time.

-------------------------------------------------

This morning I was reading to Pat and Gabe all the info about being 34 weeks pregnant from my app and it mentioned figuring out how to get to the hospital from all areas of town.  So I jokingly asked Pat if he could get me to the hospital from anywhere in town.  Gabe looked at him and said "Daddy, are you a fireman?"  He told him no.  "Then why are you going to take Mommy to the hospital?"  We had to explain a few things...

He also regularly looks at me and says "Mommy, you and Baby Brother are my best friends!"  Then he talks to Baby Brother.  He is so excited for this little guy to show up.  He even offered to share String Blanket with him!  We'll see how long that one lasts after he shows up...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3