Our First Week at Home

We have survived our first week at home! I know other people have been home for a couple of weeks, but both Pat and I have been considered essential employees and daycare was still open, so the last two weeks have been pretty normal. But last Friday was the last day of daycare and my essential-ness ended over the weekend, so now we’re home. I’m working from home as much as I can, but with two little boys who are on opposite napping schedules (this is the first moment all week where they’ve both been asleep at the same time and I’m expecting it to end at any given moment!) working has been difficult. We’ve got a nanny that’s going to show up next week, which will help a lot as far as getting any work done. But for now we’re enjoying being home and I’m enjoying just hanging out with my boys.

The weather has been beautiful, although it’s been cold. But we’ve been bundling up and trying to get out as much as we can.









Gram and Gramps have been on quarantine since they got back, so we decided to have a coffee date. The boys and I sat in the parking lot drinking our coffee and yelled up to the balcony.



Josy decided that since he can’t play with his friends at school, he needed to make a new friend.



At one point we lost the cat. I have no idea how she got into such a nice, cozy spot.



We made Chocolate Tea Bread, which includes mashed bananas. I usually use a fork to mash my bananas, but Gabe had other plans...



We also learned that Timmy is very talented...



Josy and Lucy are learning to share...



We’ve had some epic singing/drumming sessions. There’s also been a lot of dancing, tickling, laughing and general silliness...



Gram and Gramps got off quarantine (finally!) so we has a donut date on the porch. We still can’t be very close to them (and everyone is struggling with the lack of hugs!), but at least we can get a bit closer. Now it just need to warm up so we can sit on the porch for longer...







G: I can’t wait to be a dad!!!!!
M: What’s going to happen when you’re a dad?
G: I’ll shoot off into space! And put out fires! And shoot yummy animals, like chicken and deer and moose! And lope!
M: Antelope?
G: Yes, antelope. They’re animals, right?

——

And to top it all off, Josy got his first grilled cheese sandwich today and liked it so much that he ate an entire half sandwich, the same as Gabe. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3