Yet Another Week...

Another week of quarantine has gone. Hopefully we’ll be able to end this soon. Poor Gabe is desperate to see his friends. I went grocery shopping for the first time in a month yesterday (all by myself!) and I may have walked down every aisle just because I was happy to get out of the house... Josy popped tooth number two this week and then turned into a cranky mess. I thought maybe he had an ear infection but no. His top two are working on coming also, so he has been, um, rather cranky in the evenings. Hopefully those two come soon and my happy baby can return.

In other news, my favorite food blog did a Giant Cookie Bake Along, so Gabe and I made some giant cookies.





I got some pictures of an adventure that Bella went on. She’s clearly grown up in the last year.





We’ve got a nanny that comes and hangs out with the boys while I work, because working from home with this two little crazy boys is just not realistic. Having Emma around has definitely made this much easier to handle. She’s also really good at making eye patches.



Gabe found a worm, which he wanted to take on our run with us. 



And these are the only picture I have of Josy this week because of all the crankiness...





There was no shortage of silly Gabe conversations though...

G: Josy wore his jammies all day!
M: Yes, he did. He’ll get dressed tomorrow.
G: Can he wear the outfit that goes with the tie?
M: That’s way too small for him.
G: Maybe I’ll take that outfit for when I’m a dad. You should take it when you’re a grandma and grandpa and give it to me for my baby.

G: I had a terrible dream.
M: Tell me about your terrible dream.
G: It was about you and you killed a fish with your phone. And your phone went kersplat and you had to throw it in the trash.
M: That is a terrible dream. But don't worry, I'm not going to kill a fish with my phone.
G: We don't kill fish with phones. We kill them with bats.

G: I have a great idea! You and I should watch a movie and eat popcorn!
M: That would be a good idea. However, you forgot that we’re going to talk to Bella and then Gram and Gramps are going to come over and I think we’re going to let them come in the house!
G: Are the big bad germs gone???
M: No, but it’s a little bit better, so I think they can come in the house.
G: And I can give them kisses!
M: Maybe not kisses but definitely hugs.
G: And I can play with them! And we can dress up!
M: I don’t think Gram and Gramps will fit in your dress up clothes.
G: Maybe they can bring their own.

The other night at 10:30, a full two hours after he went to bed, I heard a weird noise in Gabe's room. I stuck my head in the door and whispered "what are you doing?" I expected "playing" or "nufing." I did not expect the answer he gave me: making elephant noises.

And that is my life with these crazy little boys...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3