Gabe Quotes

Seriously, the things that come out of his mouth...

M: Look at all those pretty clouds.
G: They are pretty. Is it raining?
M: I don't see any rain.
G: They look like they have rain in them. Maybe it's a storm going to Russia.

G: Mom, sometimes I get hungry.
M: Okay. Well, it's a good thing that they have snacks at school.
G: But Daddy told me I can't have snacks.
M: I'm pretty sure Daddy meant before dinner, not at school. But we can clarify with him tonight.

G: Do you remember that long walk we went on where I fell asleep?
M: What walk?
G: That long one.
M: Were you in the stroller or did you fall asleep in the car afterwards.
G: I was in the stroller. With Gram and Gramps.
M: I don't remember which walk you're talking about.
G: But you guys always say you remember stuff that happened a long time ago and that was a long time ago.

Gabe was just explaining to me that Josy is allergic to raisins because the raisins go into his digestive system and into his poop turner system and end up in his pants.

We drove by a coworkers house that has a very large skeleton display in her front yard. Suddenly Gabe says “Wait. Did she shoot someone???”

He started a story with “a long, long, longtime ago, before RC Sproul entered the world...”

He was talking about his current favorite movie, Muppet Treasure Island, and informed me that “the rats were alcoholing with each other.”

G: I was talking to God this morning and do you know what He told me? He’s even in the stinky places.

The other day my phone decided to make a montage of pictures of he and I, starting back when he was a baby. It made me cry, but I thought Gabe would like it so I showed it to him. Instead he got super sad because “those days are gone” and “ I want to go back to those memories.” He was so sad that he wanted to stay with me all day, so I let him come play in my office for awhile before taking him to school.

And speaking of sad, he is also sad because a pirate chopped off Captain Blackbeard’s head and put it in his ship, and he really hopes that Blackbeard is okay. Um, if he lost his head, he’s probably not okay. But also that was a long time ago and Blackbeard wasn’t exactly the nicest guy. I’m not sure that this is worth being sad about.

It is sweet though to be sad about Great Gramps. Great Gram told him that Great Gramps would have loved to make him a pegleg and Gabe was crushed that he died before he could make him one.

Oh I love this kid.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3