String Surgery

Poor String. He has been loved to death. Gabe loves him dearly, sleeps with him every night and drags him around the house almost daily. I’ve performed at least 4 surgeries on him already and am confident that I will perform many more before Gabe moves on.

Friday night, Gabe came to me in a panic.



This was the worst incident yet. I still don’t know who did it. Gabe had a friend over and neither of them would fess up to it. But at least it was still connected by a string.

After Gabe went to bed, I started piecing it back together, but I got part way done and realized that I was doing it wrong (grabbing every single loop, rather than every other) and had to take the whole thing out and start over. I gave up and went to bed.

It was the first time that I haven’t gotten String fixed the night that he broke. So Saturday morning Gabe crawled into bed, very upset that he didn’t have String. He didn’t sleep all night (or so he claimed!) because he can’t sleep without him and “Mommy can you please fix him???”

Saturday night I sat down again to work on it.



Reconnecting loops on a crocheted blanket is a pain, but I finally got the whole thing put back together. I even reinforced the side so that hopefully he’ll last a little bit longer. I am not looking forward to the day when the issue is so big that I can’t fix it.



The things that we do for our kids because we love them…

I also had a very happy boy on Sunday morning who woke up with String in his bed where he belongs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3