Camping

Every year I try and get us a cabin. It’s fun to get away and unplug for the weekend. This year I managed to get three nights, which turned out to be a lot better.

We got out Thursday night to an amazing sunset.







Josy, trying to open the capri sun, which he tried to live off of all weekend….


He and I woke up early Friday morning so we went on a walk. We found blueberries, so we decided to pick some for our pancakes.


We headed out for a walk. The erosion has been so bad that they’ve rebuilt the bank in from the cabin and had to move the memorial.






And we found more blueberries!




There was crazy mist all weekend, made the river look amazing and always changing.







Gabe and I went walking and going a deer. Luckily that and squirrels were there it wildlife we saw…



Gabe, of course, instead in playing baseball every moment he could.


Cathy came out Friday evening for dinner.


We made s’mores. Josy missed out because at 7:30, mid-dinner, he informed me he was tired and needed to go to bed. So he did.


Saturday, Pat and Gabe made a fire because I had a special plan.


I found a recipe for grilled cinnamon rolls from a can, and I thought it would be fun. It did not go as planned. You were supposed to wrap the dough around the sticks, but then as the dough started cooking it unwound. So I decided to try like this. That also didn’t work so well.


We ended up baking them…


But they were still delicious, if only a little bit burned…



Gram and Gramps came out for the afternoon and evening, so we went on a long walk.



Then we played games by the river.


Then Pat and I read a book by the campfire.



Sunday morning it was pouring! But we still had to pack up to go. Luckily the boys were super helpful, even trying to get the bike into the truck all by themselves.


Other fun pictures from the weekend…






And because my boys are ridiculously silly, here are since conversations from the weekend…

M: Tell me all your hope and dreams.
J: I hope to be grow up and be a grown up and drive to the magic watch store and then walk across the street to the magic phone store.

G: We have a whole colony of farts. We have a colony of farting boys!

D: You’re soo sticky Gabe!
G: I do like me a good stick.

M: Are you having fun camping?
J: Yes. Because Daddy had a really fancy knife.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3