Eye Surgery

Two weeks ago tomorrow, I got PRK, which is basically the complicated version of lasik, i won’t go into all the details here, but I had to be up north for 4 days and instead of waking up the next day with amazing vision, I couldn’t see much of anything for most of a week. I could get around, but it’s a good thing I was familiar either airport to get home or there was no way I would have been able to find my gate. It was kindof scary.

Life at home got complicated too because I couldn’t drive, I couldn’t work and I had to do really big things. The boys and I were able to play dominoes because these ones were big enough that I could see.




Then Josy pulled out the puzzle, with I could also see. Gabe decided to get in on it and I wasn’t sure that I’d be able to see that one, but it turns out that he didn’t want my help and he did the whole thing himself. Josy did his with very little help either.





Monday morning I still couldn’t see, so I’m order to get Josy to swim lessons, we had to take the bikes.



Then I decided to work on cleaning out the bedrooms. We needed to move all of the toys out of Gabe’s room and clean through everything, making a sleeping room and a playroom. The perk of not being about to see is you can get rid of way more stuff!!

We went from this:







To this:






And here is the pile of stuff that needs to go away…


The boys love it. It feels so much cleaner and spacious. Now I just need to do that with the rest of my house…

Tuesday I still couldn’t see, so we took the bikes again and then went on a coffee date.



By Tuesday afternoon, something had flipped and I felt like I could see. I had an eye appt that day and she cleared me to drive, which made life much easier.

It’s been a long dramatic thing, but I’m feeling better and I can even read now. My vision should still continue to improve, but we’re not on the right track.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3