Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas from Arizona!


We're all down in Arizona at my parents house for Christmas. Both of my brothers and their wives flew in also (plus my sister and brother-in-law that live here), so the whole family is here for a few days. It's been a lot of fun to all be here together, even if we only have a few days.

Christmas itself was a lot of fun. The kids all got pjs from Gram and Gramps on Christmas Eve, so we ended up with some cute little elves. (Bella didn't really want the matching pjs with the boys...)


Is there a better place to sleep on Christmas Eve???

We always have to have a kid picture in front of the tree. Bryson must have been asleep or something, because he missed the picture...




Later in the morning, Grandpa Claus and Grandma Claus (Bryson's other grandparents) stopped by with presents. Plus, I finally got my Santa Claus picture!



We went for a walk through the wash Christmas afternoon. Facebook reminded me that four years ago our Christmas walk was across the frozen lake to the glacier. Um, those are some pretty big extremes...
 

We ended up playing at a park for awhile. Actually, it was four grown men, Cassie and Bella playing at the park...




There may have been some races around the playground after seeing how dizzy you could get...



Christmas night, everyone went on a night hike. Well, everyone except for my mom and I. Gram's knees don't really like climbing mountains and I managed to finally succumb to the cold that I'd been holding back for a couple of weeks, so exercise sounded like a very bad idea. Plus, Gabe was really ready for some quiet mom-time. So Gram and I stayed home, watched Christmas movies and put the boys to bed, while everyone else hiked Squaw Peak. They had a great time and I wish that I could've gone, but I know that my body really preferred the quiet night at home.



I'd say that it was a pretty good Christmas.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3