The Giraffe

We learned something important last night: Gabe does not like the dark.

Gabe's nightlight is a giraffe made out of a coconut shell that came from Thailand. It's really cool. Unfortunately, it has a long cord which certain people who shall remain nameless like to pull on. After a few too many times being pulled off the changing table (or being kicked in a moment of diaper changing exuberance) one of the legs has fallen off. We now have a three legged giraffe which is even more unstable. The weight of the cord by itself can be a bit too much to stand up to, although the plug is right above the toy box, so the toy box absorbs the weight of the cord and the giraffe usually survives just fine.

Unfortunately yesterday someone knocked over his toybox. I'm not sure when it happened, but I wasn't about to clean up the whole mess at bedtime, so I just left it. This proved to be a mistake.

About 3am, Gabe woke up crying, which he never does anymore. I sent Pat in, assuming that Gabe had just lost his pacifier and I'm pretty blind without my glasses on. He discovered that the giraffe had fallen down and turned off. He fixed the giraffe and Gabe went back to sleep just fine. I, on the other hand, started thinking about how my baby was growing up and how he's not so little anymore and he sleeps so well that when he woke up a little while later because his giraffe had fallen over and turned off again, I just brought him into our bed. As such, none of us slept very well for the rest of the night.

Also, the poor giraffe lost another leg. It was a rough night for all of us...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3