Car Songs

Every day as we drive to school Gabe comes up with a list of songs that he wants me to sing. We always have to sing "Fosty Snowman Happy Song" (Frosty the Snowman), although I usually cut him off at three times. Then he throws out random things and wants me to sing a song about them. That's actually harder than it seems. I feel like I know a lot of songs, but none of them seem to come to mind when someone says "doggy song."

After several requests for "horse song" I finally remembered Old MacDonald, so now I sing Old MacDonald while he comes up with random animals. For awhile he was doing a really good job of naming actual farm animals. Today I started wondering what type of farm Old MacDonald actually had. This morning he had a dragon and a hat. This afternoon he had an elephant, a monkey, a plane, a car, Daddy, a hawk and a frog.

In other news, his talking is getting out of control. The other day he actually switched his pronouns correctly. I picked him up and he said "let's comb your hair!"  and he said "comb my hair!" Another time we were playing catch and I said "Did you get it?" He said "Got it!" Seriously. The kid is using his grammar correctly???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3