A Day at Camp

This last weekend was Community Day at camp. Pat had lived in this town since before Bella was born, but he had never been out to camp. (That’s what I get for marrying a Valley Boy...) I’ve been looking for a way to take him out there for years, but I just haven’t been able to make it happen. So when I found out it was Community Day, we definitely had to go.

Friday night we told Gabe we were going to camp. His eyes got big. “I go to camp with Bella on the bus???” No, we’ll drive. “I go to camp with my Bella and my Mommy and my Daddy???” I think he was disappointed that we were just going for a few hours, not spending the night...

It was the perfect day to be at camp. The weather was amazing, lots of good people were also out there and I even ran into the man that was the director of the camp when I was a camper.





Our first stop was the horses. Bella wanted to find the horses that she knew from camp and I was surprised to find that one of the horses that I remembered from camp 25 years ago is still alive. Gabe just thought they were all wonderful and wanted to play with all of them.







Next, we had to find the castle.







From there we played minigolf and rode the zipline.







Bella left to play Storm the Castle while the other three of us had a cookie break.



And then it was time to leave. However, as we were about to hike down the beach, the tractor just happened to be going by and gave us a ride. I think this was Gabe’s second favorite moment of the day, as he tells  people about the horses and the green tractor.





Then we said goodbye to camp and started our hike back to the car.

It was a pretty great way to spend the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3