A Quiet Afternoon

Coming home from camping is always a little rough. Luckily, we had a low key afternoon planned which involved napping, laundry and playing around the house. I pulled out a train set that a friend had given me and suddenly Gabe had a new favorite toy.



He was also pretty sure that he needed to watch some Blippi. I was planning to go on a run, and Pat told Gabe that they could watch Blippi together while I was running. So Gabe found me and told me that “Mommy you can go running now! Daddy and I watch Blippi!” Once I was dressed he told me to “put on your running socks and shoes that look like Gram.” (Gram and I have the same shoes.) He even tried to put my shoes on my feet for me. Apparently he really wanted to watch Blippi!

(Last week Daddy told him that they could read a story but then he needed to go mow the lawn. They finished the story and then Gabe said “Daddy now you go mow the lawn!”)

Then last night I was upset about something and was crying and telling my mom everything that was going on, when suddenly Gabe said “Mommy, are you okay?” I know that doesn’t seem like much, but with some of the things that we struggle with as a family (that I don’t write about here), it was the sweetest thing to hear him say that. And I have to write it down, because I never want to forget how very sweet my son is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3