Quite the Week

You know those times when you really want to "What on earth is going on???" because the amount of crazy things going on are just a little too much to handle?  That was this week and I'm not even sure how to process it all.

Sunday started with getting some life-altering news about someone that we care about.  Just as we were starting to wrap our heads around that, on Tuesday we got some more life-altering news about a different person that we care about.  Either one of these situations would be enough to make my head spin, but doing them both at the same time has been a little crazy.  On top of that, the realtor came over with her interior decorator to talk about some new strategies to try and sell our house, one of which is going to involve a lot of work.  Well, it's going to involve a lot of work for Pat.  My job will be to keep the kids out of the way, which will be a bit easier.  But we're both a little jaded from the whole process at the moment, so talking about big changes is a little overwhelming.

On top of all of that, my ankle was out of alignment, and I spent the first few days of the week trying to decide if I should go to the chiropractor to get it fixed this close to the race, or try and wait and hope I don't injure myself before the race.  I ended up going to the chiropractor, but then I spent two days being paranoid about whether or not I should be running my long run this week.  Pat finally just informed me that I was going running, so Lacey and I ran our 12 mile run yesterday and my ankle was fine.  I'm just being crazy paranoid about it.



But I should be good for the race next week.

I probably wouldn't have been quite as freaked out about the ankle if I didn't have all of these other big dramatic things going on right now.  But sometimes it just all comes out in something stupid, so that's what happened.

On another note, we went to Bella's school open house this week and got to meet her teachers.  I'm really glad that she got the homeroom teacher that she did.  I think that they'll be a good fit.  And the rest of the teachers seem great also.  She doesn't really like school, but I think that we're off to a good start so far.

Also, Gabe started using his "noculars" (binoculars) to see, and somehow all is better in the world.



He's also 4 for 4 on peeing in the toilet in the morning.  Then he grins and yells "You so proud of me!"  Yes.  Yes, I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3