Excavators and Parks

Last Friday morning, Gabe asked if we could go play at the park. I told him that we couldn’t go before school, but we could go after school. It really was part of my plan for the evening, however, life happened and we didn’t make it. Luckily he didn’t remember or I would have felt really bad...

So Saturday, I was determined to make it happen. But with helping Dad with projects, naptime, and the pastor’s farewell at church, the plan quickly turned into he and I taking the stroller to the park and Dad picking us up on the way to the way to the church.

They’re doing some construction a few blocks away from our house and we happened to pass by just as the excavator was filling a dump truck, which is pretty much as exciting as it can get in Gabe’s world. We watched for awhile and then continued to the park, where we had it to ourselves.



Gabe does not like to swing like a regular person. (Unless he crawls in by himself and no one touches him, like this picture...) But he loves to swing on his belly.



I decided to try it too, but, uh, it’s been many years since I tried to swing like that. My center of gravity has changed drastically and there was no way that I was going to get my feet off the ground. Gabe even came over to help, but it was all he could do to pick up one of my feet. He definitely wasn’t going to pick up both... 

We played for about 15 minutes, when suddenly Gabe said that he was ready to go. I was putting him in the stroller when the truth came out: “I want to watch the excavator.” So we went back and watched the excavator until Dad came to pick us up.

Apparently excavators are even more exciting than parks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3